|Victim actors show off their wound makeup from the Spring 2014 final exercise. Photo: Joe Loong.|
The first two exercises are CERT graduation drills at the Fairfax County Fire & Rescue Academy in Fairfax, Virginia.
- Monday, April 13, from 7PM-10PM. This is the final exercise for CERT students from the George Mason University class. There are only a few remaining victim actor slots; RSVP required to Anita at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested.
- Thursday, April 30, from 7PM-10PM. This is the final exercise for CERT students from the Vienna class. Also please RSVP to Anita at email@example.com.
Victim Actor Requirements:
- 15 years of age or older
- Must wear closed-toe shoes (no flip-flops, Crocs, sandals, etc)
- Should dress in clothes appropriate for the weather and that you don't mind messing up with fake blood, etc.
- Will need to sign a waiver
The third victim actor opportunity was posted by Jeffery Katz, who writes:
We are looking for willing and able-bodied volunteers to play victims this year at the big USAR Exercise being held from April 24 - 26.
Any time they can offer to use would be greatly appreciated. You will need to be in a mindset that you are camping out for the time you are there, day or night. Some of you will be mobile victims and others will be used in other situations depending on the experience level we will need. We won’t have those particulars until time gets closer.
If you would like to participate, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the date and time you would like to participate.
Joe Loong, volunteer Social Media Specialist for Fairfax County CERT, is an editorial content and community engagement consultant. You can email him at email@example.com